4-YEAR BA SCHOLARSHIP: IN SIBERIA / IN ENGLISH / WITH PROFESSORS FROM 16 COUNTRIES
School of Advanced Studies (SAS) at the University of Tyumen is a dynamic higher educational institution in Western Siberia (Russia) that offers international undergraduate programs in English for students with broad intellectual interests, adventurous spirit, and aspiration for academic, professional, and personal development.
SAS offers a unique educational experience:
- Curriculum spanning the humanities, life sciences, IT, and the social sciences;
- International professors, most of whom received their PhDs from the world’s top 100 universities;
- Intensive coursework in small classes — 2020/21 average is 12 students;
- Instruction in English.
During the first two years of study, you will take a mixture of required core courses covering a wide range of disciplines that will give you a broad base for your future study and career. Every quarter, you will also freely choose 1-2 elective courses to pursue your interests. In years 3 and 4, you will complete coursework in your preferred major and minor. Currently, SAS offers:
- 6 majors (Information Technology and Digital Society; Cultural Studies; Economics; Film and Media Studies; Historical Studies; and Sociology and Anthropology);
- 8 minors (the same as majors above plus Philosophy and Environmental Studies).
Additionally, SAS offers access to a network of 20+ study abroad opportunities. SAS graduates will be positioned to continue their education in competitive Master’s and Doctoral programs globally.
Are you the person we are looking for?
The ideal candidate has broad intellectual interests and readiness to work hard on developing their pathway through the world of education and beyond. We are looking for talented students who value the opportunity of close interaction with research-active faculty.
In 2022, SAS will award 3 scholarships providing comprehensive support for the completion of a four-year undergraduate degree, beginning in September 2022. The scholarship includes a full tuition fee waiver for the full duration of the program. We will guide you on how to get a student visa and health insurance as well as make sure you will get a room in a recently renovated and affordable dormitory. Additionally, you will be eligible for merit scholarships.
CITY OF TYUMEN AND SAS FACILITIES
SAS offers state-of-the-art facilities in the heart of the city of Tyumen. All classes will be held in an award-winning building where you will spend most of the day, being busy with classes, teamwork and challenging projects. Here, you will develop and improve your professional and life skills as well as integrate into the international community and grow every day academically, professionally, and personally. You will appreciate our vibrant atmosphere and stylish design of the venues, as well as delicious food and coffee at our cafeteria. You can find out more details about the SAS facilities here.
We are pleased to offer accommodation in shared rooms in the brand-new dormitory of the University of Tyumen. This modern and comfortable residence is only a 15-minute walk from the SAS building. You can find out more details about the dormitory from our tour video.
Tyumen is one of the great small cities of Russia with a high quality of life, highly developed infrastructure and dynamic business and student life. Despite its size, the city is compact and easy to move around. Tyumen has a lot to offer, from unique Siberian experiences (such as hot tubs in the open air and exciting winter activities) to various social life activities, including historical places within a walking distance, theatres, sports clubs, great shopping, and dynamic nightlife. The historic center is full of architectural and cultural gems which are authentic to this region and which you will enjoy discovering. The costs of living here are lower, compared to Europe, the U.S., as well as capital cities such as Moscow.
HOW TO APPLY
The application deadline is March 20, 2022. The review of applications will begin immediately. The applicants must submit all the following required documents to email@example.com:
- A scanned copy of your passport (valid for at least 1.5 years after the supposed date of your arrival);
- A high school diploma (or an academic certificate confirming you are this year’s graduate) as well as the official transcript of records (both translated in English);
- One letter of recommendation (in English);
- Your CV;
- An 500-word essay answering one of the topic questions listed below:
- Can media products accurately represent reality? Give three main reasons why it can and three main reasons why it cannot.
- What do you understand by a "Rational Person"? Is this notion important for economics and why?
- Why does inequality (among social groups or countries) still exist and is there a way out of it?
- Do historians reveal the truth of the past, or do they make it?
- Imagine one gender/sex has disappeared from earth, what would be the future of humanity?
- Discuss the influence of social networks on human society.
- Proof of English Language proficiency: Academic IELTS band score not lower than 7.0 or TOEFL iBT band score not lower than 94 (if English was not the language of instruction in your high school).
Finalists will be invited to an online interview. Decisions will be made in April 2022.