4-YEAR BA SCHOLARSHIP: IN SIBERIA / IN ENGLISH / WITH PROFESSORS FROM 11 COUNTRIES
School of Advanced Studies (SAS) at the University of Tyumen in Siberia, Russia offers a unique educational experience:
- A liberal arts and sciences curriculum spanning the humanities, life sciences, IT, and the social sciences;
- International professors, most of whom received their PhDs from the world’s top-100 universities;
- Intensive coursework in small classes — 2019/20 average is 12 students;
- Instruction in English — no knowledge of Russian is required.
During the first two years of study, you will take a mixture of required core courses covering a wide range of disciplines that will give you a broad base for your future study and career. Every quarter, you will also freely choose 1-2 elective courses to pursue your individual interests. In years 3 and 4, you will complete coursework in your preferred major and minor. Currently, SAS offers:
- 7 majors (Information Technology and Digital Society; Cultural Studies; Life Sciences; Economics; Film and Media Studies; Historical Studies; and Sociology and Anthropology);
- 9 minors (the same as majors above plus Philosophy and Environmental Studies).
Additionally, SAS offers access to a network of 40+ study abroad opportunities. SAS graduates will be positioned to continue their education in competitive Master’s and Doctoral programs globally.
Are you the person we are looking for?
The ideal candidate has broad intellectual interests and a readiness to work hard on developing their individual pathway through the world of education and beyond. We are looking for hard-working and talented students who value the opportunity of close interaction with faculty researchers at the forefront of their disciplines.
In 2020, the University of Tyumen will award 3 scholarships providing comprehensive support for the completion of a four-year undergraduate degree, beginning September 2020. The scholarship includes a full tuition fee waiver for the full duration of the program, visa and health insurance support, and a guaranteed place in a recently renovated, affordable dormitory. Scholarship recipients will be eligible for merit stipends that are based upon their academic rank in the student body.
Tyumen is one of the great smaller cities of Russia with a high quality of life, lower costs of living compared to the US and Europe and a sizable student population. SAS is in the historical center of Tyumen and its dormitories are within walking distance.
HOW TO APPLY
The application deadline is May 3, 2020. The review of applications will begin immediately. The applicants must submit all the following required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A scanned copy of a passport;
- A high school transcript (both the official transcript and an English translation);
- Two letters of recommendation (in English);
- A 500-word cover letter detailing what attracts you to the SAS curriculum, what you can contribute to the SAS multicultural community, and how studying at SAS will enhance your intellectual, career, and personal development;
- IELTS or TOEFL test scores, if English was not the language of instruction in your school.
Finalists will be invited to a Skype interview.