In 2018, School of Advanced Studies at the University of Tyumen selected its new faculty by asking candidates from 10 countries to self-organize in teams and offer project ideas for intense discussion with expert audience.
Click here if you are interested in applying for a job at SAS and joining this discussion next year.
- 0:06 — Project Design Session Goals
- 3:20 — What Is Multidisciplinarity?
- 6:03 — Session Participants
- 6:52 — Brave New World: Co-Evolution of Technology and Humanity /technological vulnerabilities, Anthropocene, biohacking/
- 22:50 — Rethinking Citizenship /existential belonging, alternatives, refugees/
- 38:39 — Naked Soldier /violence, vulnerability, automated warfare/
- 56:33 — Inner Life /loneliness, the public and the private, education/
- 1:17:18 — Reimagining Citizenship /existential belonging, antiquity, concept and institutions/
- 1:37:53 — First Contact /bacteria, whales, natives, aliens/
- 2:04:35 — Communities /social disintegration, generations, gaps/
- 2:16:08 — First Contact - 2 /rapport, empirical experiment, smell, sex, multidisciplinarity/
- 2:34:45 — Reimagining Citizenship: Towards an Existential Belonging /big data, power structures, non-belonging, animals and humans/
- 2:58:38 — Winning Projects
- 2:58:48 — New SAS Faculty
- 3:00:01 — Bonus: Duskin’s workout