August 20, 10:00—20:00, SAS
A strategic project for the development of contemporary culture in the Russian regions. Its goal is to build horizontal links, to promote regional artists and curators, to study the current situation in the regions through professional dialogue and creating new possibilities for international partnership. More about the project
Traveling Symposium NEMOSKVA will travel along the Trans-Siberian Railway carrying about 60 Russian and international contemporary art experts through 12 cities. Every city will host discussions, interviews, portfolio reviews, and a traveling exhibition.
NEMOSKVA Project Forum
SAS will host the forum in which the project participants will reflect upon the results of the first segment of the trip in SAS habitual format of a project session. Plenary lectures and the plenary meeting are open to public, no prior registration is necessary. Simultaneous translation into English and Russian will be provided.
The Forum Program
10:00—10:30: Introductory remarks
- Andrey Shcherbenok, Director, School of Advanced Studies, UTMN
- Oksana Oracheva, General Director of the Potanin Foundation
- Alisa Prudnikova, Director for Regional Development at ROSIZO, the project commissioner
10:30—12:00: Plenary Lectures
- Margret Grebowicz (School of Advanced Studies) “Are We Interesting?”
- Erika Wolf (School of Advanced Studies), “From Popova’s ‘Travelling Woman’ to Pelevin’s ‘Yellow Arrow’: The Train and Mobility in Russian Culture.”
12:00—16:00: Team work
16:00—20:00: Plenary Session
Team presentations and discussion