The School of Advanced Studies (SAS) is seeking a project manager for its two Master of Arts programs: the MA Program in Digital Cultures and Media Production (DCMP, 2018-) and the MA Program in Experimental Higher Education (EHE, starting in September 2020).
The School of Advanced Studies is a greenfield institution, established in 2017 within the University of Tyumen. Most students are currently enrolled in a four-year B.A. liberal arts program with seven majors. The majority of twenty-five faculty members from eleven countries obtained their PhDs from globally top-ranked institutions. Almost all teaching across programs at SAS is done in English.
A person in this position will manage the design, delivery, and evaluation of both MA programs, supporting SAS administration in strategic decision making, as well as assisting with the recruitment of new faculty and ensuring a high level of both performance and satisfaction among professors and students in both programs.
A successful candidate will be: goal-oriented and organised, able to deliver on multiple fronts under pressing deadlines, as well as persuasive in communicating with various stakeholders in both English and Russian.
The base salary will depend on skills and experience; quarterly bonuses will depend on performance.
The position is full-time only.
- Operational support for the MA Program in DCMP (faculty, students, course creation, planning, evaluation);
- Contribute to the future development of the MA Program in DCMP;
- Managing the design and launch of the MA Program in EHE (task force, official documents, promotion, conference, admissions, induction);
- Running the MA Program in EHE and overseeing the first cohort of students;
- Helping develop connections with institutions and individuals for both MA programs in Russia and globally.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Three years of proven experience in project management;
- Organizational skills;
- Proficiency in English and in Russian.
- Experience in educational administration;
- Experience working in intercultural and/or international environments;
- A track record of organizational change;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of tools for managing complex projects.
Why you should apply:
- SAS is a growing and changing institution. You will see the results of your work instantly.
- Our organisational culture presupposes a high degree of decision-making freedom. We will not micromanage you.
- Tyumen has a high living standard; SAS building is centrally located, modern, and cozy.
- Stimulating milieu: You will have access to open lectures and other events and will be in communication with the faculty with degrees from some of the world’s best universities, as well as visiting scholars and practitioners.
- You will collaborate on a daily basis with a dedicated staff of the Education Office, and you can count on the support of both core and visiting faculty within and beyond the MA programs.
- We are well-positioned to be a benchmark for other universities. Your work’s impact can go well beyond SAS.
Preliminary interviews will be conducted via Skype. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for a brief visit to SAS. Any questions related to this opportunity should be directed to Daniel Kontowski, Head of Education at SAS: email@example.com.
Please send an updated curriculum vitae, a cover letter addressing your suitability for this post, one professional reference, and any other supporting materials you deem essential to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This vacancy is open until filled, and the review of candidates will begin immediately.