The School of Advanced Studies at the University of Tyumen is seeking faculty for the new Master’s program in higher education.
Established in 2017 within the University of Tyumen (Siberia, Russian Federation), the School of Advanced Studies (S.A.S.) is recruiting one or more faculty to join the core team for its new M.A. Program in Experimental Higher Education. The primary responsibilities include teaching the course on Teaching and Learning and supervising students’ projects.
- a doctorate/ABD in higher education, instructional / curricular / learning design for higher education, psychology of learning or a closely related field
- established record of high-quality research outputs
- evidence of teaching excellence
- effective oral and written communication skills
- experience with experimentation and/or innovation in higher education at the classroom or organization level
- experience in mentoring and advising graduate students in professional programs
- membership in professional and/or scholarly associations
Please note: knowledge of Russian language is not a requirement for this post.
Please send a curriculum vitae, as well as a cover letter addressing your suitability for the Program in Experimental Higher Education and the School of Advanced Studies more generally, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preliminary interviews will be conducted via Skype. The review of applications will start immediately, and the call will cease on July 15, 2020.
Successful highly-qualified candidates will be offered a three-year renewable full-time contract at an internationally competitive salary (150-200.000 RUR after tax), plus medical insurance and a research budget, commencing in August 2020.
The School of Advanced Studies is a research and teaching institution supported by the Russian Academic Excellence Initiative. Currently, S.A.S. offers a four-year, English-taught, B.A. liberal arts program with seven majors, as well as a two-year M.A. Program in Digital Cultures and Media Production. S.A.S. employs twenty-five faculty from eleven countries. The distinctive feature of the School of Advanced Studies is the organization of research around multidisciplinary team projects.
More information about the city of Tyumen can be found here. Any questions related to this opportunity should be directed to Dr. Daniel Kontowski.