Academic Writing Center
Coordinator: Ahmed Elghandour, email@example.com
- Asya Budagyan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arseny Osokin, email@example.com
- Tursunaiym Badyshova, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yulia Khabibulina, email@example.com
The consultations provide students with assistance at any stage of their writing process for any assignments, from short assignments to full-year research projects, and offer the opportunity to:
- Engage in conversation about their writings with the tutors;
- Receive feedback on the clarity of their thoughts, the organization of their ideas, or their approach to a particular writing task;
- Identify the errors in writings in terms of English proficiency, structure, and style.
Students who cannot meet offline may receive online feedback on their written work. Students can send their projects to tutors, who will provide them with feedback in a timely manner. In their feedback, tutors will share their rigorous comments on the projects. Students should schedule consultation meetings in case they have any questions.
The AWC organizes several workshops on a variety of topics each quarter. Past workshops have featured topics such as:
- How to Enjoy Writing
- Punctuation Marks and Grammar in Use
- Revising Your Writing
- Reading and Taking Notes
- Strategies for Better Writing
- How to Coin the Title of Your Project
Core Companion Seminars
These seminars provide an opportunity to discuss topics with other students, develop ideas, and initiate others so that the students have the chance to work on their assignments before the deadlines. Usually, these seminars take place before the main seminar with the professor alongside such courses as “Great Books.” The schedule of these seminars is announced before each quarter starts.
First Aid Cloud
The tutors have created an online resource with tips and recommendations, materials from past events, handouts, and other valuable resources. All SAS students are encouraged to propose materials to be added to this resource.
Just send the AWC Team a message by email, and we will contact you as soon as we see your message. Usually, it takes a couple of hours to get back to you.
To get the most out of your consultation, bring some questions, an outline, or a piece of writing. We are happy to consult with you about anything related to your progress, e.g., getting started, organizing your thoughts, being overwhelmed, etc.
The consultations may be held either online or on-campus. You will agree on the location with your tutor.
Consultations can range from 5 to 60 minutes. The duration of the session, of course, depends on how long it takes to reach your goal.